Do I need a licence to export?

Export licences are required for some products, especially those of agricultural/animal origin. For general information on export licences, please consult with the Trade Board ( For specific product information, please contact the relevant ministry/agency identified below:

  • Veterinary Services Division, Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries - Apicultural/bee products, animal, animal by-products or seafood
  • Coconut Industry Board – Coconut products
  • Coffee Industry Board – Coffee products

You may also contact the Jamaica Customs Department for a complete listing of goods that are conditionally prohibited from export and/or require export permits (or similar export authorisations), and the government departments and agencies responsible for issuing the permits.