- Step-by-Step Guide to Exporting - a workshop series which takes new and aspiring exporters through all the requirements and processes for export. This workshop includes presentations from the various agencies that support the export process (e.g. Plant Quarantine Division, Bureau of Standards, Customs, JIPO)
- General Export Advisory Services
- Exporter Registration – under the JAMPRO Act, all exporters are required to be registered with JAMPRO. The process incorporates a site visit to verify the exporter’s location and other details such as the suitability of the premises for packing the products. Fresh produce exporters must utilize a packing house approved by the Ministry of Agriculture.
- Directory of Registered Exporters & Suppliers – JAMPRO maintains a directory of all registered exporters and companies supplying the tourism sector.
- Trade related workshops & forums – JAMPRO conducts ‘doing business’ workshops on various target markets.
- Information & advice on funding opportunities
- Buyer Recruitment & Business Matchmaking – JAMPRO recruits buyers for Expo Jamaica which is held every 2 years in Kingston. Expo Jamaica 2016 was held April 14-17 at the National Arena and National Indoor Sports Centre. Jamaican exhibitors are facilitated in business matching meetings with buyers. The next Expo will be held April 2018.
- Trade Show and Trade Mission Facilitation – Every year JAMPRO takes delegations of exporters to overseas trade shows and trade missions. Recent missions were undertaken to USA, Canada, Haiti, Panama, Cayman Islands and Cuba. JAMPRO also invites international buyers on inward trade missions to Jamaica. These buyers are introduced to export-ready companies in order to facilitate business between the parties.
Our services include:
- Exporter registration and advisory support on export procedures
- Export development, which includes the provision of export tools, as well as support in accessing financing and technical assistance to address their export development needs, as well as capacity building training
- Support in finding markets
Learn more about the business information services we provide for through our business library and resource bank.